Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cars a 96 gt. It feels like my front tire is oval. Is this the lunging everyone talks about?

I've checked balljoints + wheel bearings+ tie rods.
Also it goes away after car warms up. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Tires are balanced too

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put on your spare and see if it goes away.
But isn't it weird it doesn't do it after warmed up. I feel it on driver side. I've never been in passenger seat. Oh God mite have to have wife drive me around the block couple times . She's been wanting to drive it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I just thought it was that lunging thing I've read about.

Tie rods are ok if they're tight, right?

Have no play at the 3 and 9 test or 6 and 12.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
After your tire is warned up? Because if your car stays outside sometimes if its cold it feels like my tires are low if I left my car out. But my car is in the garage and it don't do it. Maybe you just need a new tire/s

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After your tire is warned up? Because if your car stays outside sometimes if its cold it feels like my tires are low if I left my car out. But my car is in the garage and it don't do it. Maybe you just need a new tire/s
No after cars warmed up but I am about do for tires.

I don't remember it doing it during summer. But know its cold.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I work at discount tire if there is one by you you can take it there and they will rotate them and check them for you. You can have them balance each of them a watch as they spin. Some tire compounds that are real grippy can flat spot during thee night and it takes a little driving to warm them up.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I work at discount tire if there is one by you you can take it there and they will rotate them and check them for you. You can have them balance each of them a watch as they spin. Some tire compounds that are real grippy can flat spot during thee night and it takes a little driving to warm them up.
I have staggered wheels. But that's exactly what happens. Prob takes ten min and its gone. I didn't know that bout tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts