Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cheapest is to just remove the resonators at a muffler shop. I had that on my first exhaust on my 2011 GT, with some Magnaflow mufflers too, by the previous owner. Sounded very good. Obviously a good over axle setup can flow more, due to larger diameter pipe (3" vs. 2.75") however some people have clearance issues with the panhard bar brace...which is why a few manufactures now offer spacer bushings to drop that brace down another half inch for the additional clearance. It can be worse on lowered applications.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Cheapest is to just remove the resonators at a muffler shop. I had that on my first exhaust on my 2011 GT, with some Magnaflow mufflers too, by the previous owner. Sounded very good. Obviously a good over axle setup can flow more, due to larger diameter pipe (3" vs. 2.75") however some people have clearance issues with the panhard bar brace...which is why a few manufactures now offer spacer bushings to drop that brace down another half inch for the additional clearance. It can be worse on lowered applications.
IT CAN BE LOWERED!!!

I need that, so bad. Where can you buys these? Or do you have to buy an aftermarket brace?

·
Registered
77 Posts
IT CAN BE LOWERED!!!

I need that, so bad. Where can you buys these? Or do you have to buy an aftermarket brace?
It's hit & miss, but of course it can be. LOL! It's those tiny differences between individual cars & "bolt-on" parts...You may not need to buy the spacers, but if you did, you could just use hardened nuts and a longer bolt to do it for pretty darn cheap. Use at least grade-8 hardware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts