Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
First off I am new to these forums and to Mustang ownership. I have a question, what is the best place to get a new coolant overflow reservoir? Also is it ok to be driving the car with a crack down the side of the reservoir, I can't see how far down it goes because its up against the fan shroud. Any advice would be appreciated. I also have a question about my trans/speedo but I will eventually start another thread.
1988 5.0 convertible (speed density)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dreamstang. I got the tank off and actually noticed there is no crack, it was just dirty on the seam and out of coolant. But the coolant all went somewhere and because of all the smoke I got out the exhaust when I added some 50/50 I think Its a blown gasket (at least I hope so, otherwise I need a new engine block lol) so any advice you have on head/head gasket removal would be great, or which gaskets to get, I was gonna go with ford racing. Thanks guys

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Billymich said:
Thanks Dreamstang. I got the tank off and actually noticed there is no crack, it was just dirty on the seam and out of coolant. But the coolant all went somewhere and because of all the smoke I got out the exhaust when I added some 50/50 I think Its a blown gasket (at least I hope so, otherwise I need a new engine block lol) so any advice you have on head/head gasket removal would be great, or which gaskets to get, I was gonna go with ford racing. Thanks guys
I would do a compression test to be sure. But it could also be a cracked head, block, or bad I take gasket. I would go with a felpro gasket. I don't recall the number for it but they work great.

And your welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts