Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 v6 is overheating when only my ac is running for about fifteen min. Need n e suggestions on what it can be. Nothing has been changed yet b cuz it only heats up when ac is on... Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Have u checked how much water is in it?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
could be...those two systems have nothing really to do with each other. the only real thing that could cause it i'd say is from the clutch kicking in making the motor work a bit harder. i'd swap the thermostat since they are so cheap and see if that helps

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Yeah. That's the next step. Make sure u get a good one. Little cheap suckers can be bad new. Could even take it out and run it to see if it still over heats before u even went and bought one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's the right way n what do I look for n what would be a good brand would a dura last be good enough.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
The right way would be to change it. U will be more than likely stuck with the brand that is sold in whichever auto parts store you go to. It'll be really easy to change. Just make sure u get a good one before u rule it out. The last time I bought one, I got to #3 before I got one that worked.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Good news is not too much affects over heating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts