Mustang Evolution Forum banner

OVERHEAT!!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Scut95 
#1 ·
My car started to overheat a little while ago. I inspected the engine afterwards and found all of my coolant was gone:wtf2:! So I looked and finally found the problem. It was a coolant hose that went from my fire wall to the top of my engine, behind the throttle body. Where the hose connects to the engine it was all corroded. When I moved the hose around a little the hose just came off and all of the corroded material just fell apart. My question is: Is their a part that goes between the big metal nut at the end of the hose and the engine or was it just built up corrosion? If their is a piece their, how can i get it because i cant find anything similar to that part online. I would appreciate any info.

#3 ·
I hope you didn't do any other damage when it over heated. Aluminum blocks and heads usually dont fare too well after the car over heated. They warp and crack very easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.