Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 10 GT almost overheated last night, I don't know what happened she only has 9k on her and she is pampered. I didn't see any fluid leaks, no funny smells or strange sounds coming from the engine, I'm thinking a stuck thermostat. Any ideas.

·
Registered
525 Posts
So my 10 GT almost overheated last night, I don't know what happened she only has 9k on her and she is pampered. I didn't see any fluid leaks, no funny smells or strange sounds coming from the engine, I'm thinking a stuck thermostat. Any ideas.
Did it happen almost imediatly while it was warming up,,or was you driving down the highway and it slowly crept up,,or did it try and over heat while in traffic

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Bring that car back to the dealer ASAP lol before something really bad happens

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It happened after a short drive to the store, I was sitting in the parking lot at work for a few minutes and that's when she started to get hot, and the fan runs. I am taking her in, I don't want anything to happen to her. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a little concerned with my mods and my warranty, I would think it wouldn't be an issue being that is has nothing to do with the cooling system. I have a 93R tune, CAI, headers, or/x and Roush cat back and pulleys. Do you guys think that they will give me sh*t for that? I hope not.

·
Registered
273 Posts
MedicDave said:
I am a little concerned with my mods and my warranty, I would think it wouldn't be an issue being that is has nothing to do with the cooling system. I have a 93R tune, CAI, headers, or/x and Roush cat back and pulleys. Do you guys think that they will give me sh*t for that? I hope not.
They shouldn't.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
MedicDave said:
Under drive pulleys, probably.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
They probably will, they will say your tune adjusted your fan speeds and the headers make you run lean and the underdrives make your cooling system less effective

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guy's I guess I'll see what happens, I'm bringing her into ford in the morning. If they won't warrantee the car ill have to bring it to blow by and fork out more money lol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so I took the car to ford, and they had to replace the cooing fan, they said the motor was bad. I was worried that they would give me trouble about all my mods but they didn't say anything and it was covered under warranty. Thank you baby Jesus.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
MedicDave said:
Ok so I took the car to ford, and they had to replace the cooing fan, they said the motor was bad. I was worried that they would give me trouble about all my mods but they didn't say anything and it was covered under warranty. Thank you baby Jesus.
Nice small stuff like a fan motor they don't care I guess just don't blow the trans or motor

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
muscledom said:
That's a good general rule lol
When I got my trans replaced under warranty they gave me **** just for my hurst short throw shifter which has a Ford Racing part # btw, and it wasn't the dealer that gave me trouble it was the adjuster Ford sends out Everytime there's a big claim

·
Banned
510 Posts
When I got my trans replaced under warranty they gave me **** just for my hurst short throw shifter which has a Ford Racing part # btw, and it wasn't the dealer that gave me trouble it was the adjuster Ford sends out Everytime there's a big claim
Yea of course. They'll find any excuse to **** you. That's livin in America baby lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts