Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need all the help I can get please and thanks! So my car randomly started over heating, I changed my upper radiator hose and the radiator cap, I see no clear signs of leakage anywhere. It doesn't matter if it's stop and go traffic or highway cruising, the needle just continues to rise. My fan works (not sure if it's working good enough). I noticed it lost coolant somehow over night but there was no leak or coolant on the ground and when I refilled it, it's like it didn't even happen, drove on it for a few days and it kept all the coolant I left in it. Only thing I've yet to check is my water pump but I haven't gotten the time to get on that yet and I hear the thermostat is rarely ever goes out but my car does have 215k miles so that may or may not be the problem as well, any solutions as to why it's over heating constantly? Questions and answers welcomed

Hear me before you see me

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Could you be losing the coolant to a bad intake gasket? Or bad intake? These are notorious for intake issues. Leaking into the block and thats why you arent seeing any drips?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Sounds like it could be a stuck thermostat. Maybe when changing the radiator hose, you lost some coolant, but didn't see it until it warmed up. Added coolant and it was back to normal. Not sure how you would have lost much coolant changing the upper hose. But then again, the new radiator cap now allowed you to pressurize the system, so the level in the tank would then drop. I'd grab a thermostat to be safe. It's right underneath the round metal piece that your upper hose connects to. Grab a gasket too. (O ring)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Have the radiator checked for flow. You could have some blockage in there. Especially over the 200k mark. They are inexpensive and super easy to replace. Also check the weep hole on the water pump. Personally if it were my car I would replace the hoses, t stat, radiator, and water pump. May not all be necessary, but on a high mileage car, the piece of mind is worth it. And I'm never against preventative maintenance.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Update.....it was the thermostat ????, it was stuck open so it wasn't regulating the heat properly, which also was throwing off my ac compressor and it wouldn't kick on when it was supposed to. Thanks for all the help tho guys

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Update.....it was the thermometer ????, it was stuck open so it wasn't regulating the heat properly, which also was throwing off my ac compressor and it wouldn't kick on when it was supposed to. Thanks for all the help tho guys

*Thermostat :D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

*Thermostat :D:D:D:D:D:D

Lmfao my b I'm still woozy from replacing it while the car was still hot ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts