Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Mustang Owner"s is telling me I should use 87 Oct Fuel but Ford's web site for a 5.0L engine to use 93 Oct. I'm confused. In the manual they show a 5.0L with a cross brace above the motor my motor has no cross brace what's up with that? The manual also is telling me my top speed is factory set at 80 miles per hour is this correct? Maybe I am not understanding the Manual.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
You can use either 87 or 93 octane. 93 will just provide better performance.

Reactions: krepsc

·
Registered
425 Posts
The 5.0 can run 87, but I recommend you to put 91/93 whatever is available for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, um... Wow... Just wow. Trade that thing in for a Civic, it's more your speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
My 2015 Mustang Owner"s is telling me I should use 87 Oct Fuel but Ford's web site for a 5.0L engine to use 93 Oct. I'm confused. In the manual they show a 5.0L with a cross brace above the motor my motor has no cross brace what's up with that? The manual also is telling me my top speed is factory set at 80 miles per hour is this correct? Maybe I am not understanding the Manual.
You must be looking at the Mykey settings: MAX Speed 65, 70, 75, 80 MPH or Off
The manual recommends 93 octane for improved performance. just like previous years.

Reactions: krepsc
1 - 5 of 5 Posts