Mustang Evolution Forum banner

681 - 700 of 811 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yep it is a really cool show as it is all Fords from Model T's and newer lol, Believe there were over 1800 vehicles there last year. Took over 3 hours to get everyone parked lol!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have the same Oracle marker lights as you. Don't be surprised if you get pulled over because they think the front ones are red. Got pulled over twice already.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great looking Car

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #684
I have the same Oracle marker lights as you. Don't be surprised if you get pulled over because they think the front ones are red. Got pulled over twice already.

Hmm. Well I haven't installed the front ones yet. Do your oracle side markers kind of fit like crap? I am a bit disappointed in how they fit in the hole and how they flow with the rest of the panel.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Great looking Car

Thanks

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hmm. Well I haven't installed the front ones yet. Do your oracle side markers kind of fit like crap? I am a bit disappointed in how they fit in the hole and how they flow with the rest of the panel.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------
They do a little.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #688 (Edited)
Man, my poor build thread has been in hibernation. I really need to do more mods, or make time for those that I have waiting around on me to work on.

Things that are on the way:

Steeda stainless steal braided brake hoses

Powdercoated calipers (gah I need to just get these on now that I have the hoses)

BMR driveshaft safety loop

RTR license late surround- so here is the story on this little fella. Got it from aftermarketpros on eBay and it came broken. Wasn't supposed to be. They refunded me the money and said keep it. So being the tight wad I am I said alright I can fix this.

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281009.768601.jpg

As you can see it was pretty banged up. But the repair is very good and I have it in primer now. So I just need to figure out what color to paint it. I'm almost just leaning towards a nothing fancy black texture paint job. We will see how I feel when I get around to finishing it I guess.

I still need to do my front oracle side markers. I did the rear ones and they are sweet. I just don't care for the fit as it relates to the contour of the bumper but I'm picky.

LED all the things demon eyes

I also have a diffuser "thingy" from @thesnowman if you follow IG. I need to paint it and get it on.

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281320.179462.jpg

Then I still have my 14 premium cluster to install. It's like 1500 miles away from hitting the correct mileage.

And to top it off, today I scored a pretty sweet deal on some oil cooler goodies. Guy on CL was selling a cool tech oil cooler (1200 bucks new), a mishimoto oil cooler plate with a thermostat to add on to it so it's not always cooling, and a boss oil cooler which has all the adapters to run both coolers at once if you so desired. All this also included a nice oil temp gauge and a roush vent mount for 475. Can't wait to get it on. So this will mark the 5th or 6th time the front bumper has to come off the car. Lol

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281627.644771.jpg

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281647.018763.jpg

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281665.130271.jpg

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281679.254351.jpg

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461281693.961538.jpg

I'm seriously getting close to having this thing dialed in for the track. I need to start seriously saving for my whipple. That will be the icing on the Oxford cake 😉👏🏻 and maybe some cams 😀

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Man, my poor build thread has been in hibernation. I really need to do more mods, or make time for those that I have waiting around on me to work on.

Things that are on the way:

Steeda stainless steal braided brake hoses

Powdercoated calipers (gah I need to just get these on now that I have the hoses)

BMR driveshaft safety loop

RTR license late surround- so here is the story on this little fella. Got it from aftermarketpros on eBay and it came broken. Wasn't supposed to be. They refunded me the money and said keep it. So being the tight wad I am I said alright I can fix this.

View attachment 200125

As you can see it was pretty banged up. But the repair is very good and I have it in primer now. So I just need to figure out what color to paint it. I'm almost just leaning towards a nothing fancy black texture paint job. We will see how I feel when I get around to finishing it I guess.

I still need to do my front oracle side markers. I did the rear ones and they are sweet. I just don't care for the fit as it relates to the contour of the bumper but I'm picky.

LED all the things demon eyes

I also have a diffuser "thingy" from @thesnowman if you follow IG. I need to paint it and get it on.

View attachment 200126

Then I still have my 14 premium cluster to install. It's like 1500 miles away from hitting the correct mileage.

And to top it off, today I scored a pretty sweet deal on some oil cooler goodies. Guy on CL was selling a cool tech oil cooler (1200 bucks new), a mishimoto oil cooler plate with a thermostat to add on to it so it's not always cooling, and a boss oil cooler which has all the adapters to run both coolers at once if you so desired. All this also included a nice oil temp gauge and a roush vent mount for 475. Can't wait to get it on. So this will mark the 5th or 6th time the front bumper has to come off the car. Lol

View attachment 200127

View attachment 200128

View attachment 200129

View attachment 200130

View attachment 200131

I'm seriously getting close to having this thing dialed in for the track. I need to start seriously saving for my whipple. That will be the icing on the Oxford cake 😉👏🏻 and maybe some cams 😀

Lol, I'm in nonstop post/excitement mode so you'll have to excuse me lol. That diffuser add on thingmajig looks absolutely nasty. Are you painting it white? And the RTR surround I think would also look pretty sleek in white. Looks like you got some nasty things going on brother. I got a bit of body work myself going on at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
Lol, I'm in nonstop post/excitement mode so you'll have to excuse me lol. That diffuser add on thingmajig looks absolutely nasty. Are you painting it white? And the RTR surround I think would also look pretty sleek in white. Looks like you got some nasty things going on brother. I got a bit of body work myself going on at the moment.

Hey it's all good. I like watching people's build threads. It doesn't need to be a sema build to be cool. I also like them because it keeps everything for that particular car together. Anyway, your thread is good for me because I am taking notes as you do your sc install.

I have toyed with painting both pieces white. I just don't know yet. I suppose since I will do the work myself, it's not really a huge deal if I do it and don't like it. I can easily change it. I just worry about crossing the line into rice territory with too much white or an out of place color scheme on something.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hey it's all good. I like watching people's build threads. It doesn't need to be a sema build to be cool. I also like them because it keeps everything for that particular car together. Anyway, your thread is good for me because I am taking notes as you do your sc install.

I have toyed with painting both pieces white. I just don't know yet. I suppose since I will do the work myself, it's not really a huge deal if I do it and don't like it. I can easily change it. I just worry about crossing the line into rice territory with too much white or an out of place color scheme on something.

I'm the same way. I love to watch people's progression with their pride and joy. And I myself am glad there are a few other SC installs going on at the same time so we can all make a smooth transition into a boosted application.

And I feel ya on messing up the flow of the car lol. I'm the same exact way. A lot of my friends think I should change up the wheel scheme this year from the black and white to something else. But I don't want to mess up the theme. I received quite a bit of praise last year for the car because I think it's a bit different from the norm, and not that that is important or significant, but I don't know if I want to mess with it just yet.

Where did you get the diffuser from?

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #692
The diffuser itself is a gt500 diffuser I got from AM but the bottom addition is something a guy on IG makes to order. He had 30 of these cut and they are all gone now, but he is making one for the boss diffuser right now. And it's a limited run. I will tag you in the post.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
The diffuser itself is a gt500 diffuser I got from AM but the bottom addition is something a guy on IG makes to order. He had 30 of these cut and they are all gone now, but he is making one for the boss diffuser right now. And it's a limited run. I will tag you in the post.

HELL YES! It looks fantastic. Painted I think would look pretty nasty depending on color. Oxford would obviously look pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #696
Prob just the diffuser. I think the surround in white might look a little funny. Idk. I've seen it done. But it doesn't need to be solid white. I am thinking black but painting the mesh ox white. Might give it some contrast.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Prob just the diffuser. I think the surround in white might look a little funny. Idk. I've seen it done. But it doesn't need to be solid white. I am thinking black but painting the mesh ox white. Might give it some contrast.

I think that would look pretty sweet. Can you source a pic of it in white? Tried googling couldn't find anything lol. The diffuser add-on alone in white though would look good...

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is a guy I follow on instagram (@cleanthirteen) who also has the rtr surround done in a unique way with the white. He has it done with the edges just in white so its easier to see but then everything else is still black. If that makes any sense? You might want to check it out and get some ideas from that, because you could do something like that but instead of white do the blue you have with your stripes. I think that could be a nice touch.

681 - 700 of 811 Posts