Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a code for lean on bank two which is normally oxygen sensor. I have 155,000 miles so its not uncommon but how hard are they to change and which side is bank 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just because its lean doesn't mean that its bad, fwiw.
I have never changed the 02's on my mustang, but I have on my camaro and its not that big of a deal.
Find where they plug in.
Unscrew them.
Unplug them from the harness.
Plug new ones in and screw them back in.

EDIT: Just read the part about bank2. It should be on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
-_- bank 2 is the drivers side, remember bank 1 goes on the same side as cylinder 1 which on the V6 is the passenger side
drivers side = bank 2
passenger side = bank 1

so its just saying one side? what about the front to back signal for the O2? it should say bank two bank ____ it shouldn't just say it's one side of the car, what is the code?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its highly unlikely the O2 sensor is bad because you are reading a lean condition on bank 2. You should check why its reading lean, it is more than likely a problem in one or more of your cylinders on the drivers side. Could be a misfire or a minor vacuum leak. You should find the source of the issue first, if you replace the sensor and not fix the source problem it will just return.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You could always swap sensors and see if the code follows (changes to bank1), if it does replace the sensor, if not then like the above post said you might have a vacuum leak.I think it could also be a dirty injector or exhaust leak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
With my 1995 v6, a scanner read almost the same problem but both banks. Revolutions did not exceed 2000. Fixed it by carefully washing sensors with 95% alcohol (using wife's aquarel brush).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts