Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tech Expert
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,058 Posts
I had E85 kill both upstream sensors in a matter of months. It's the water in the exhaust that does them in. E85 runs so cold that it promotes this. You'll also want to verify continuity at all the wires in the O2. It can code if the heater circuit goes out too, say.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Tech Expert
3,058 Posts
I’m going to give that a look as soon as possible !

I had a continuity tester on hand and checked the wires from the connector to the O2 and everything seemed to check out fine . They mimicked the same from the connector that was hooked into the working O2 .. could it possible be that my ECM had ruled out from reading this O2 specifically and basically put itself in a “brick” mode ?
The only brick mode I'm aware of means nothing works. No start, zippo. Weird it is acting just like a dead O2 would but didn't follow the O2.

·
Tech Expert
3,058 Posts
I'm kinda out of ideas here too, given what you've done. I've not seen a lot of evidence of ECU failures on this platform, unlike the decades-old Foxbody stuff that are definitely showing signs of old age at this point.

I think if you have a friendly Ford dealer, it might be time to hook it up to their diagnostic software, as it's more robust and able to dive deeper than SCT or similar.

Reactions: crjackson
1 - 3 of 3 Posts