Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this code, looked it up, recommends that I clean the MAF sensor. How do I go about doing that? Take off cai, unplug it and spray it inside where the plug goes?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Unplug maf, unscrew it, buy a can of CRC MAF cleaner, spray it inside on the wires..let sit for a few moments and plug and screw back in

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cleaned MAF and reinstalled it. T
Removed the code and drove it for 30 minutes. Check engine light popped up again same code. What else could it be?

·
Registered
673 Posts
There could be air getting in between the maf and tb. When I got that code the coupler behind the maf was letting air in. It could also be a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Im not trying to hijac the thread but I am having the same exact problem with my gt so I'm interested in hearing the solution, I had one source tell me that a faulty PCV valve could cause this code but I havnt replaced it yet

·
Registered
686 Posts
Can't have a vacuum leak. Not possible Haha but def. air could be getting out lol. Just tighten down all clamps, secure everything, clean the TPS and troubleshoot. Might be a O2 sensor as well! It running kinda bad or what?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
faulty pcv valve, vacuum leaks bad maf, bad o2s since p0174 is bank 2 lean, many causes.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think my O2 sensors are bad. Mine randomly lost power and throttle response today. Had to smash the gas for it to accelerate.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Im not trying to hijac the thread but I am having the same exact problem with my gt so I'm interested in hearing the solution, I had one source tell me that a faulty PCV valve could cause this code but I havnt replaced it yet
Just replace your pcv valve. It can't hurt especially if its stock. Easy as hell as well

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

I think my O2 sensors are bad. Mine randomly lost power and throttle response today. Had to smash the gas for it to accelerate.
If its having trouble accelerating, it might be the maf sensor. My friend put mine on and didn't plug it in so I drove to school and the thing too forever to accelerate. Then I found out his dumbass didn't even fully plug it in haha.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It just did it once when it didn't accelerate. I clean my MAF. Didn't look dirty in the first place...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts