Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m getting P0369 and P0365
For camshaft sensor B , bank 1 can someone please point out where it is or a diagram? My car has been out of commission for a while now :(

·
Administrator
9,775 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,379 Posts
Did you clear the code?
Some don't go away so you might need to unhook the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Both codes came back? Was there any corrosion or wiring damage in the plugs?
Yes both codes came back I also switched around the sensors to see if that would do anything, I don’t believe I saw any corrosion? Here’s some pictures
Also I don’t know if this means anything but when I plug in the sensor there’s no click between the connector?
Hand Hood Automotive tire Finger Bumper
Hand Automotive tire Tire Finger Bicycle part
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Watch Motor vehicle Finger Wrist Automotive design
Hand Hood Sleeve Automotive tire Finger

·
Administrator
9,775 Posts
Please stop posting full sized pics. Use either thumbnails, or just leave as attachments.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yes both codes came back I also switched around the sensors to see if that would do anything, I don’t believe I saw any corrosion? Here’s some pictures
Also I don’t know if this means anything but when I plug in the sensor there’s no click between the connector?
View attachment 305108 View attachment 305109 View attachment 305110 View attachment 305111
All I can do is give you what I found about those codes... Perhaps your crankshaft position sensor has failed?

What causes the P0365 code?
There are many potential underlying causes for the P0365 code, including the following:
  • A faulty camshaft position sensor
  • Oil leaking onto the sensor and damaging wiring or corroding connections
  • Short or open in the sensor circuit
  • Faulty PCM (rare)
  • Crankshaft position sensor failure (replace with the camshaft position sensor as a set)
What causes the P0369 code?
There are a number of causes that could be behind your vehicle’s P0369 code. The most common reasons are:
  • A dead/weak battery
  • A faulty starter motor
  • A starting system circuit
  • Camshaft position sensor circuit poor electrical connection
  • A faulty camshaft position sensor
  • A camshaft position sensor harness that is shorted or open
  • A camshaft position sensor circuit that has a poor electrical connection
P0365 OBD-II Trouble Code: Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit (Bank 1).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had my 3.8 six rebuilt at 200,000 by ARCE motors in El Cajon, CA - professional rebuilder, but after rebuild check engine light was on, took by OReilly and that was the code I believe - camshaft sensor or its counterpart - ARCE after spending some time with it, thought sure it was the computer - with COVID a couple of years back, I spent a grand for a remanufactured computer from a good supplier - it made no difference. ARCE had to work on sensors and I believe opened the top of the engine to check out camshaft again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts