Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Check the rubber or ring on the inner lip of the gas cap if it is all cracked then yes replace it. If it look good then I doubt it is the gas cap unless you did not get it on tight enough last time you filled. However that code is related to a large EVAP leak which i can assure you is NOT the gas cap. This is most likely a faulty Canister Purge Solenoid (most common problem) However there are also a few other things it could be and it is best left to be diagnose by someone who can check these items for function. But before you take it in check all the EVAP line under the hood and by the fuel tank. And not just looking at them touch them and move them sometime they can be cracked and not seen until moved around check all vacuum lines.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the rubber or ring on the inner lip of the gas cap if it is all cracked then yes replace it. If it look good then I doubt it is the gas cap unless you did not get it on tight enough last time you filled. However that code is related to a large EVAP leak which i can assure you is NOT the gas cap. This is most likely a faulty Canister Purge Solenoid (most common problem) However there are also a few other things it could be and it is best left to be diagnose by someone who can check these items for function. But before you take it in check all the EVAP line under the hood and by the fuel tank. And not just looking at them touch them and move them sometime they can be cracked and not seen until moved around check all vacuum lines.
Ugh f*ck knew this was gonna be a problem :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts