Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatever this code is, its making my car run like crap. I thought water might have gotten to the air filter since its been raining. Pulled it out and its dry. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
truckin when did it start doin it, and just in case after what did u install or do to the car before it started doin it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
truckin when did it start doin it, and just in case after what did u install or do to the car before it started doin it?
It started tuesday afternoon. I haven't done anything to the car since I put the x pipe on a month ago.
I thought maybe something got wet but its not raining today and it still doing it.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Does it make your car idle funny and want to bog down?
Yes kind of. Feels like I've got a cam in it but sounds terrible. When I smash the gas it runs fine its just at idle and part throttle when its happening you can feel the jerkiness.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Here is what the shop manual says about P1152, same possible causes as P1130.

It is for bank 2 sensor 1, I would first suspect a wiring problem--you need to get under there and see what things look like. A dead or dying O² sensor will read as "stuck lean", not stuck rich...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Are o2 sensors interchangeable? In terms of can I take the back one and move it to the front? Different part numbers and the plastic on the plug is a different color.
They are functionally the same, the only difference is in the locating keys on the connector, which can be cut off if needed to put a rear sensor on the front, or swap the rear sensors:

Reactions: ab_mach1

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
truckinu said:
Are o2 sensors interchangeable? In terms of can I take the back one and move it to the front? Different part numbers and the plastic on the plug is a different color.
I don't think so. I had trouble with my tune when I installed headers, and they ask me if I put the rite sensors back in.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
This worked. I just cutoff the key ways and its running as it should. Thanks for the help.
Cool...

As stated they are all just plain ol' PZ (Platinum/Zirconium) narrowband O² sensors--read more about those here--the connectors are different to make sure they don't get connected incorrectly on the assembly line--it's idiot proofing to make sure the average UAW worker can handle it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts