Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 Mustang with BBK long tube headers, catted X and roush exhaust with roush CAI, I replaced my front O2 sensors a few months back. Everything was going great and I recently got a P2197 code, help please.. need some possible fixes

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Your front o2 sensors are probably shot again but you've left out a lot of information. What's the weather like were you are? What fuel are you running/ Who's your tuner? Are you running extensions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I figured I’m just curious why it would keep reoccurring? I’m currently in Kansas so it’s cold and pretty dry, rains about once a week. I’m running 89, if I up it to 91 would that help? I have a Bama tune and no extensions.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
It will happen more frequently when it's cold because of the position of the sensors. They trap moisture and then the ceramic portion will crack.

Why are you running a tune with 89 octane? Oh and phuck Bama, they suck donkey balls when it comes to tuning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohh gotcha well that’s unfortunate lol. Do you know if there is something to keep the O2 sensors from constantly breaking? Will a different tune besides Bama help prevent it?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The only fix is relocating the sensors in the header. No a different tune won't change anything but I would go with a different tune anyways. Phuck Bama.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts