Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
philadelphia area people: go to atco on the 20th, I'll be there..

buick vs ford and mustang day

.. ... I'll be in the pocono mountain area this time next week, too.. (for a few days)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone......i Ran Into A Potential Problem Trying To Mod My '95 Coupe 3.8l V6. I Want To Install Headers With Sidepipes But I Was Informed That Since Pa Has An Emmision Law Outside Of Philly, Its Impossible To Do So Without Using A Cat. Converter To Make Legal? What Can I Do?

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Hah Conshohocken, ricers are abundant there, But yea...

We did get screwed over by having emissions but you don't want to take the cats off your car anyway, believe me, it sounds like ass.

I'm assuming you are talking about side exit exhaust when you say sidepipes. All you could really do is try to find a kit that sells with a catted midpipe instead of an offroad midpipe.

You could also look into just buying high flow cats and some sideexhaust mufflers and having an exhaust custom made for you. The latter would most likely be more expensive.

What are some of the kits you have been looking at?

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
And for the headers are you getting long tubes or shorties?

The reason I ask is because you really don't need them yet. You could possibly get some gains from Longtubes but our 94-98 stock headers are so well flowing that changing to shorties will do nothing more but change your exhaust note a bit. You really need not worry baout them until around 250-300 hp.

I got them and noticed NO difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello im near here i am picking up my 2000 mustang on tuesday i was just wondering if there was any one in the allentown area witha amodded mustang that knows how to install a tlok

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
i'd be up for some kind of meeting...im not too far from the philly area

·
Registered
430 Posts
im in the allentown area. i am hoping to be upgrading to a GT within the next couple weeks. me n kiljosh were thinkin bout maybe doin a cruise together. but at the time when we talked, we were the only 2 ppl from PA, so it was going to be a little small. but glad to see all you PA guys commin in.

stang, are you pickin up a 6 or 8? are you just puttin in the tlok, or are you puttin in gears as well?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts