Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stang is black and the paint is in horrible condition just curious if anybody knows how much it would be to have It repainted black? With the clear coat of coarse.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really just the front is horrible if you are close (previous owner) drove it from texas alot and the front pain has chipped an cracks because of rocks. Other then that no.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Not really just the front is horrible if you are close (previous owner) drove it from texas alot and the front pain has chipped an cracks because of rocks. Other then that no.
Different areas will have different prices but I can say the less bodywork, the better. Also if you could do bodywork and wetsanding, it'd save a lot.

Macco usually has a $249 paint job around Xmas. It may be $499. Its cheap. But of course body work extra.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking around don't need much just paint and clear coat haha thanks that's around my price range being a teen -.-

·
Registered
433 Posts
if your wanting a good paint job and the car needs some body work like minor nicks and dings and to keep it the same color look at spending around $1500-2500 from a reputable shop. thats what we charged for a average size cars

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Have you tried using some polishing compound on the hood or rubbing compound?:headbang:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah, how bad does the paint actually look? If it's faded/chalky looking it's probably oxidation that can be polished up. Got any pics? Here are pictures of my old Contour SVT that had oxidation; before and after polishing.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's chips it looks likes and cracks in paint I'll upload some pics around 1 today

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
3,000th post!!! :D

Um... Yeah, the hood is gonna have to get prepped before paint. It might cost a little extra then what Macco would charge. They gotta sand down the pits and then build it back up with primer.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
depends on the quality, you get what you pay for. For an OEM like quality paint job where you are not changing the color it will probably be 2-4k

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just depends on how bad it is. If the paint ain't peeling off then yea. But most shops won't just re-clear coat it. If you wanna try to re-clear it yourself get a can or two of some good aerosol spray clear and 2k grit sand paper and wet sand the trunk till its hazy then clear it a couple times. If you try it yourself the key to clearing is to make it look wet but not run it. It's better to make it dry and Orange peely than it is to run the hell outta it. And if your really sure of yourself and can use a paint gun go ahead and go to a paint supply shop and get some decently cheap clear. Good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts