Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my paint on my front bumper started peeling a month ago. It rippled up, then a piece finally broke off. And it's still the same. The bumper wasn't painted correctly, it was never primed at all apparently. What's a reasonable price for repainting the whole bumper? I've been hit with $700 and thought that was way too high. Helps appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
96smoke said:
So, my paint on my front bumper started peeling a month ago. It rippled up, then a piece finally broke off. And it's still the same. The bumper wasn't painted correctly, it was never primed at all apparently. What's a reasonable price for repainting the whole bumper? I've been hit with $700 and thought that was way too high. Helps appreciated
Got my bumper painted and primed for 200

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd say 350-450.. 700 is ridiculous did MAACO quote you that by chance?
Yeah see even 350-450 sounds better. 700 was like a slap in the face and nope, just a paint shop in my city. Granted everything they do has a lifetime warranty, I still didn't feel 700 was fair

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Just because its lifetime doesn't mean it will stick or you won't have problems. I have a friend with an 04 Mach 1. Has had his hood painted twice. It was lifetime guaranteed. Just keep lookin. Somebody will paint it cheaper and lifetime guarantee it. The 3-4 hundred sounds pretty close. Maybe more, maybe less. Not by much at all though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just because its lifetime doesn't mean it will stick or you won't have problems. I have a friend with an 04 Mach 1. Has had his hood painted twice. It was lifetime guaranteed. Just keep lookin. Somebody will paint it cheaper and lifetime guarantee it. The 3-4 hundred sounds pretty close. Maybe more, maybe less. Not by much at all though.
That's true. I'm definitely still looking though

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
96smoke said:
Wow, so that's what I should expect?
Well you'll prolly have to pay a little more for paint bc I have silver which is cheap, black is exspensive. But 700 is WILD. Definetly take your business somewhere else

1 - 15 of 15 Posts