Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after clay barring my car yesterday I found quite a few paint chips and scuffs and things like that (i guess the dirt was filling them in lol). I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out with the best way to do this (as cheap as possible) and it still look really good, I'd really rather not take sand paper to it but if that's what it'll need then so be it. But I'd like to not be able to tell that there was ever anything there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the same problem, bought a used car, and washed it for the first time last weekend, has about 20 small chips in the paint. Thinking about trying Chip Doctor or something like that.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THis has been there since i bought the car, but i was hoping that i would have been able to get it out with the compound and a bit of elbow grease......buuuttt, it didnt happen

·
Registered
313 Posts
I also have this
Based on the pic yours looks like potential clear coat failure...if so it would need to be resprayed. You can try Meg's 205 by hand or by a DA polisher but I would suggest being very careful if it is clear coat failure .

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Try that dr Chip stuff, the secret is in the towel they give you.
Heard great things about Dr Colorchip...but never have tried it myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts