Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to paint my calipers yesterday and i was doing them red. BUUUUUUT, when i finished and saw them in the sunlight it was almost orange :oops: So i was kinda upset about that. So this morning i got up, scraped all the old paint off and painted them a nice simple glossy black. It looks great now and im happy so all is well. :D I refused to drive around with orange calipers. :D

·
11,873 Posts
greenflash00 said:
So i went to paint my calipers yesterday and i was doing them red. BUUUUUUT, when i finished and saw them in the sunlight it was almost orange :oops: So i was kinda upset about that. So this morning i got up, scraped all the old paint off and painted them a nice simple glossy black. It looks great now and im happy so all is well. :D I refused to drive around with orange calipers. :D
Pics damnit :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted to do them red b/c i saw them on a green stang and it looked awesome! But since it messed up i just decided on good ole black.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had mine painted gloss black too. Then I painted it again after I realized you couldn't tell the difference between it and an assload of brake dust. :headbang:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i painted myn red, my buddies bright blue, and my other buddies bright green.

Heres a how-to just incase anyone wants it.
http://www.v6stangs.com/how_to/appearance/painting_brake_caliper/

Plus it has pics of myn on the bottom, and my buddies that are bright blue.

Mexor's are painted green. I dont have pics of his.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
does the high-temp paint that you use for brake calipers work on drums? b/c mine are rusty and gross so i am gonna paint them semi-gloss black. do you need to use primer?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Oh Hell Erick $ 42 for a paint kit that is insane. I am sure the kit is nice but that is absolutely outrageous. What is it magic pant or something. With all the high temp paint out there for $ 5 a can I just cannot justify the cost of that kit

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey what color you think i should do mine? my car is lazer red and i just bought some 17x9 cobra r rims polished aluminum

1 - 20 of 22 Posts