2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
200 Grit Sand paper

800 Grit Sand Paper

1 Can of filler primer

Color Code Automotive paint

Clear coat can

First I took off the mirror
( 12mm , Phillips screw driver , Flat head Screw driver )
( I took off door panel to access the power mirror connector .. 2 screws in the middle )

Then I washed the mirror with dish soap,
I sanded the mirror down with the 200 grit,
Washed the mirror again, then I sanded it down with the 800 grit to make it smooth.
I washed the mirror again, and then I did a coat of primer filler. I did that process about 3 times.

Once dry i got my masking tape and masked off the curves just like the cobra mirrors have.
I simply used a razor blade
Once I felt like I had enough coats of primer and the mirror was smooth I did about 3 coats of The actual paint. ( 30 min in-between coats )

I used a blow dryer to help increase drying

Once I finished with the paint, I did about 5 coats of clear coat ( 30 min in-between coats )

Waited 24 hours and now they came out good !

Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Bumper Car

Footwear Hand Shoe

Arm

Aerospace engineering Airplane Propeller Propeller Ceiling

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel

·
Registered
341 Posts
i gotta say im really not a big fan of white on our model stang sn95 but you make it work man it looks good

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Damn! I'm gonna have to do that.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
i gotta say im really not a big fan of white on our model stang sn95 but you make it work man it looks good
If its done up right and kept clean and well maintained, it's the cleanest looking IMO. I Absolutely love a clean white new edge..looks great slow, keep it up!

·
Registered
341 Posts
If its done up right and kept clean and well maintained, it's the cleanest looking IMO. I Absolutely love a clean white new edge..looks great slow, keep it up!
yeah thats what im saying he makes it look good keeps it clean and does the little things for appearance like the mirrors its a small mod but makes the car look a lot better IMO. i never understood why ford didnt make other colors besides black as far as mirrors go lol doesnt make sense

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

sorry to go off topic but stanger what size wheels do you have 17 or 18?

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
looks good, I would sand the entire mirror smooth, paint the base black then tape it off for the color part, the non smooth area is odd looking to me, the OEM 03/04 cobra black area is smooth and flat (and metal)

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looks good, I would sand the entire mirror smooth, paint the base black then tape it off for the color part, the non smooth area is odd looking to me, the OEM 03/04 cobra black area is smooth and flat (and metal)
Well they are as good as I'd like them to be , but thanks. I did this all last night so I didn't really want to go through alot of hassle because I worked this morning.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts