Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When painting the brake calipers do I just need to get the high heat paint and spray them? Or is there prep work needed before?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I did it with dupli color caliper paint and everything you need is in the box, it comes with a cleaner for pre painting. It is $19.99

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

I bought it at auto zone.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I did mines with ceramic caliper paint( forgot the brand) it's made for the calipers heat and doesn't attract dust. I cleaned my rotors with a brush and soap or caliper cleaner and I gave it a quick sand down with fine grain sand paper. Cover everything that shouldn't be painted and then give it soft coats of paint, let it dry for 5 min and continue again several coats with dry time in between. I did 5 coats. Once your happy how it looks your done.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Jayjay said:
I did mines with ceramic caliper paint( forgot the brand) it's made for the calipers heat and doesn't attract dust. I cleaned my rotors with a brush and soap or caliper cleaner and I gave it a quick sand down with fine grain sand paper. Cover everything that shouldn't be painted and then give it soft coats of paint, let it dry for 5 min and continue again several coats with dry time in between. I did 5 coats. Once your happy how it looks your done.
+1

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I used engine paint, good up to 500 degrees. Bigger variety of colors, I think. Brake cleaner and scotch pad is your best friend.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool thanks for your guys's help. It'll be a project for me maybe this weekend

·
Registered
559 Posts
G2 caliper paint from ebay. Looks like powder coat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts