Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about spraying some caliper paint on my stang next time I have a long weekend. Im assuming it is going to be tedious and long, but is there anything need to look out for while doing this. I dont paint a whole lot.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Painting them isnt the hard part its prepping thats a pain. I used a wire brush and a ac compresser to blow away the leftover brake dust I diddnt whipe off.
I taped off the rotor, the brake hoses basically everything that you dont want paint to touch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I sprayed paint in a container and brushed it on with foam brush. A regular paint brush will leave stroke marks. Used a q-tip for tight areas. No taping and no mess. I put on about 3or 4 coats. Easy and makes a big difference.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like that green. its crazy! Thanks for the info guys. I'll find time to do it and put up some pics when they are all dry and the wheels are back on.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Awesome green....looks way kool :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Nice Job Dozer!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Here are mine very easy to paint !
Looks good.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Painting them isnt the hard part its prepping thats a pain. I used a wire brush and a ac compresser to blow away the leftover brake dust I diddnt whipe off.
I taped off the rotor, the brake hoses basically everything that you dont want paint to touch.
Nice

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I was looking at getting caliper covers..would it be better & cheaper to just paint them instead?

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I sprayed paint in a container and brushed it on with foam brush. A regular paint brush will leave stroke marks. Used a q-tip for tight areas. No taping and no mess. I put on about 3or 4 coats. Easy and makes a big difference.
x2

There are kits that come with brake cleaner, the paint, and an application brush. So far, I've done 4 vehicles with the paint provided, and still have a little left!

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

I was looking at getting caliper covers..would it be better & cheaper to just paint them instead?
Yes! The covers are cheezy imitations of Brembo brakes. Do the paint instead.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
what ever color you want Lightning....
Painting is much better and far more custom. the covers noly come in certain colors anyhoo.......
you can really add a custom look to your car...just like my 2 ;)

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

noly..?ONLY..err. wow...im not awake yet..and still havent had my coffee.....LOL

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have t seen white yet. I think it would look good but possibly get dirty and show more. Try it if it looks bad 5 bucks more and change the color

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
To get the caliper super clean

Get a couple cans of a product called "BRAKE CLEAN" It will get off any brake dust as well as any oily substance that wiping off won't do.

It is sold under different names such as Brake parts cleaner or Brake Kleen. It is all the same and you can get it at Walmart.

Ronnie

1 - 20 of 58 Posts