1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Just try it! And see lol

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Just use newspaper and tape and just practice on something before you do your rotors

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just mask off your caliper, clean the hub with some steel wool, then spray it with some high temp paint. Don't worry about getting on the rotor, the pads will clean it as soon as you drive. I would spray the cooling vanes also.

·
Registered
559 Posts
As long as it's high temp also.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Do 1 very light mist coat, if you do it right you will still be able to see some of the metal through the paint.. Wait 15 minutes then follow up with a lil bit heavier coat then wait 5 to 10 min and put a heavier coat on top of the other 2, then after that you could put 1 or 2 more coats just w/e you think looks better

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've always hated seeing that ugly rust right there. You may have convinced me to do another project. Haha I need a break from my car; did I actually say that!

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do 1 very light mist coat, if you do it right you will still be able to see some of the metal through the paint.. Wait 15 minutes then follow up with a lil bit heavier coat then wait 5 to 10 min and put a heavier coat on top of the other 2, then after that you could put 1 or 2 more coats just w/e you think looks better
Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts