Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black 05 gt an want to go for the "blacked out" look. Right now I'm trying to get black rims and was wondering is it hard to just paint the stock rims? And what should I use to paint them?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I wouldn't do it if I were you. Just wait til you can buy some, you'll be happier. Watch CL for some. If you are dead set on using stock, sand blast and powder coat them.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Agreed!.... But if ur impatient and want a cheap job .... Use plasti dip to see what it will look like.... Plast dip is easy to peel off if you don't like or decide u want the original color back .... Also plasti dip is flat black .... If u do like u could clear coat or gloss coat to make them shine ...

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Sppankyy said:
I have a black 05 gt an want to go for the "blacked out" look. Right now I'm trying to get black rims and was wondering is it hard to just paint the stock rims? And what should I use to paint them?
I was seriously thinking about doin that to mines but still keep the alloy rim ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
mustang06gt said:
Painted myself and still holding up great. Just make sure to clear coat for protection.
I hope you used the plasti dip clear coat or you'll have a heck of a time taking that stuff off if you ever decide to. Plasti dip is awesome stuff though and also very forgiving if you make a mistake. I'll attach pics of my stang with plasti dip racing stripes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
soonerfan27 said:
i hope you used the plasti dip clear coat or you'll have a heck of a time taking that stuff off if you ever decide to. Plasti dip is awesome stuff though and also very forgiving if you make a mistake. I'll attach pics of my stang with plasti dip racing stripes.

ForumRunner_20121112_184317.png

ForumRunner_20121112_184328.png

ForumRunner_20121112_184337.png

1 - 20 of 30 Posts