Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen a couple of people with theres painted. Has on one painted theres, And was it hard pulling the covers off?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I like how he says you (sanguin) do it lol that would be interesting. Too bad white is the napkin color :/

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I've seen engine paint rated for 500 degrees or hotter, run like water.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Definitely go with 1000 or hotter

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
That driver side scares me honestly. Idk what those round looking things are. These engines are foreign looking to me. I'm used to old school and new edge motors I guess. It looks tedious to get to them

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
On our 3.7 V6's, painting the valve cover would make the engine look lopsidied, as the passenger side cover is hidden behind the air intake runners; you don't see the cover. The only side you can visually see is the drivers side.

Painting it would give the impression of a straight 3 cylinder.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
On our 3.7 V6's, painting the valve cover would make the engine look lopsidied, as the passenger side cover is hidden behind the air intake runners; you don't see the cover. The only side you can visually see is the drivers side.

Painting it would give the impression of a straight 3 cylinder.
lol :D
maybe when they come with an aftermarket intake manifold it won't look so bad :p

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
someone had a post of a high performance V6 intake that resembled the 5.0s......if they make that later on, and when my warranty runs out...i'll upgrade and paint it to match or the valve covers..both would be too much im thinking...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
JimC dynod testes it. Utter failure. The runners weren't sized right or something and it made less hp than the stock mani. No idea if they're adjusting it or what.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
JimC dynod testes it. Utter failure. The runners weren't sized right or something and it made less hp than the stock mani. No idea if they're adjusting it or what.
Last time I checked that site, they were porting the holes to match the intake holes of the head. In his photos, they were way off from the head intake holes.

I too like the cosmetic look of that intake, but it's gotta at least match stock flow and HP/TQ readings. And be reasonable in price.

Gotta wonder if the Ford engineers got this one right too.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
exactly! $ and performance..or no buy!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts