Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The phb simply helps keep your rear axle centered. Depending on how low you lower the car depends on if you'll need one. Anything lower than 1" and you'll need one. If you decide to get one make sure it's adjustable so that you can get the axle back straight. I recommend BMR adj phb

·
Registered
71 Posts
The phb simply helps keep your rear axle centered. Depending on how low you lower the car depends on if you'll need one. Anything lower than 1" and you'll need one. If you decide to get one make sure it's adjustable so that you can get the axle back straight. I recommend BMR adj phb
that's what I put on mine not that expensive and deft glad I got it

·
Registered
325 Posts
I grabbed the Steeda Adj PHB on Cyber Monday. I'd had my car lowered on H&R Super Sport springs, but the rear axle was off center before that. Now it's centered, looks great and it also seems to help putting more power to the pavement. They are a fantastic investment.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
People only hear about pan hard bars in response to lowering. We forget that it's also good for chassis stiffening. Even if you don't lower your car (you'd be crazy not to lol) I'd still recommend one because it tightens up the ride. I could tell a significant improvement when I installed mine

·
Registered
183 Posts
+1
I lowered my car about 1 in. with Steeda sport springs, and the back always looks aligned, maybe because it was not a big drop did not affected the car, instead it feels better. Probably that if you go lower than 1 in., you might need one.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
+1
I lowered my car about 1 in. with Steeda sport springs, and the back always looks aligned, maybe because it was not a big drop did not affected the car, instead it feels better. Probably that if you go lower than 1 in., you might need one.
I lowered mine 1" and my axle was about 3/4" off center, needed panhard bar

·
Registered
325 Posts
^+10

I first noticed this on my car about 2 months after I took her home. I even had the shop I worked at put her up on the lift to see of it was the result of a wreck because I had no idea what was going on. As GrabberBlue said, it absolutely helps stiffen up your chassis and the bushings are a 100x better.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi GrabberBlue,
Which PHB do you recommend?

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
You are correct! I do have the Steeda! However it's a PITA to tighten down once in place, honestly the BMR is a great design and good company, I love Steeda products (I have quite a few) but I cannot recommend the steeda phb over BMR.
What's the difference in adjustment between the two?

·
Registered
183 Posts
If my car was lowered about 1 in. With Steeda sport springs, do I really need to change the LCA's?

·
Registered
183 Posts
With a mustang that is lowered 1 in. Is there any handling advantage by changing the LCA & panhard bar or is really the same thing, you can not notice any change at all?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Even with lowering the car you won't have the back end tighten up like you would if you do LCA UCA and pan hard bar.

Would be highly recommended.

I am doing those three first from white line then lowering the car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts