Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can I install my panhard bar with ramps? I don't have jack stands and a jack. I only have ramps that worked perfect for installing my Borla axlebacks. I'm preparing the car for lowering springs at a later date. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,964 Posts
Being the rear end will most likely shift when the lowering springs are installed; you really need jack stands. That way you can adjust the Panhard bar, with nothing really fighting you, and get the rear end centered.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Being the rear end will most likely shift when the lowering springs are installed; you really need jack stands. That way you can adjust the Panhard bar, with nothing really fighting you, and get the rear end centered.
Thanks for the advice, but I won't be installing the springs at this time. I will be installing a stronger panhard bar support brace and an adjustable panhard bar in preparation for the installation of the springs at a later date. Therefore, the new adjustable panhard bar will be set to the same length as the stock panhard bar. So, can I still do the install on ramps?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I dont see why you couldnt. I have always done it with the body supported on stands and the axle hanging down, but i dont think there would be anything preventing you from reaching everything on ramps.

Also, the PHB should be adjusted with the car flat on the ground. I always park it at the very edge of the garage and lay down in the drive way (gives an extra inch or two) to adjust them. The adjustment is just right inside the bumper, so it can be reached like that. The body will shift relative to the axle, so it is fine to do it like that.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes, you can do it with the car on ramps. The body of the car will move in relation to the axle when you adjust the pan hard bar.

·
Registered
810 Posts
^^^ What he said. Ramps work fine. Body of car will move over rear end with no effort. Did mine by hand, no wrench necessary, to adjust. Easy peesy!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!

I thought it would be possible and you all confirmed my guess.
Thanks again, really appreciate it :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts