Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Has anyone painted there valve covers? Kinda thinking of doing this, thinking of painting mine Ford engine blue or the same as the exterior paint.
High engine enamel paint. It'll work. Or get it powder coated.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Has anyone painted there valve covers? Kinda thinking of doing this, thinking of painting mine Ford engine blue or the same as the exterior paint.
What I did when I had my motor out I painted timing cover , and painted the middle of the valve covers ( stripe ) ford blue. Looked champ ! I used engine paint and it didn't chip

Engine Vehicle Auto part Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sports car

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Lol removing valve covers aren't worth the trouble .. Lets just say that

Painting them on heads would be a good idea

And no
Clutch cable may be in the way
Lol ok. Hmm so just removing the intake and painting them while they are on. Hey slow I'm also goin to dip my whole car soon, I bought a few gallons and have a gun. I'm preety familiar with using it and applying it but I have never done a full car. Any tips or things that you ran into that you can think of?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Lol ok. Hmm so just removing the intake and painting them while they are on. Hey slow I'm also goin to dip my whole car soon, I bought a few gallons and have a gun. I'm preety familiar with using it and applying it but I have never done a full car. Any tips or things that you ran into that you can think of?
Buy their prep , and apply it after washing the car with dish soap and water ..after that mask and paint. Good luck

·
Registered
620 Posts
The driverside is pretty easy... The passenger side is somewhat difficult, have to take off the intake tube, and all the other stuff that is setting on top or over the valve cover
It's really not that rough to do. I've done them both in under a hour.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Im doing my intake manifold so i figured id paint my valve covers while im in there. It was very tough getting some bolts out. The 2 on the end of driver and passenger were a real pain took about an hour but i had everything already out so i can drop the manifold in

1 - 20 of 29 Posts