Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was parking on a hill And I pulled my parking break and I heard a loud snap and now the parking break doesn't work and I'm guessing its the hand brake line. Anyone know an average cost to fix this ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Parts are going to run you about $220 I believe is what I paid for my cable. It was a ***** to install with just 1 person so you might consider having a shop do it... The e-brake cables are known to freeze on earlier S197's

·
Registered
172 Posts
Parts are going to run you about $220 I believe is what I paid for my cable. It was a ***** to install with just 1 person so you might consider having a shop do it... The e-brake cables are known to freeze on earlier S197's
Yep something with them not sealing. I replaced one on my 2005 because it froze. When I got the old one off rusty water poured out from inside the cable. I believe they are redesigned now.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Mine snapped as well, lucky my car was under warranty. I was wondering though if it is possible to replace the oem cables with the wildwood ones from AM? Is that cable any better, has anyone ever tried it?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Check all four corners of the linkage and then check in the console. It has points where it is mounted which, should it come off or break off without actually breaking the cable, you will have enough slack to make it useless. Might be as simple as reattaching.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think if you order an OEM cable from Ford that its the exact same cable that is on the new Mustangs 11+ at least that is what I was told. They improved the silicone and boot design where it compresses near the caliper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts