Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Are you sure you have to bypass the PATS? I was going to add on to my viper security system but decided against it...

·
I liek gramer
7,941 Posts
lowflyn said:
Are you sure you have to bypass the PATS? I was going to add on to my viper security system but decided against it...
yes, otherwise it would not start the vehicle. If you made a copy of your car key, it would open doors, but not crank the car, because it does not have a computer chip in it. The car will turn over, but never fire up.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
yes, otherwise it would not start the vehicle. If you made a copy of your car key, it would open doors, but not crank the car, because it does not have a computer chip in it. The car will turn over, but never fire up.
Ah true...I could take my PATS off and still be ok though, my alarm disables the whole ignition system when activated...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do I search for on ebay? I did "PATS bypass" but it came up with some bs module that keeps it intact. I don't really want it. Last ditch I guess it is ok to have it, but I don't really want it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
actually it doesn't prevent the car from starting, it shuts the car down after failure of a transmission from the chip... takes about.. 1 second, basically less time than it takes to get the car out of park

or in gear, depending on transmission, I tried this on an auto in my case

1 - 11 of 11 Posts