Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the best option for the price and performance? Running edlebrock performer heads, tfs 1 cam, cobra intake, and fresh rebuilt bottom end. Horsepower-"Its an ADDICTION"! All input is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I just bought a Voetech V-3 SCI for my 90' GT. They have em for under 2K at AmericanMuscle.com. It's only a 4-6 psi kit, made for stock cars. BUT, you can upgrade them with a smaller pulley and what not down the road. IMO the best bang for your buck is the Vortech. However, How much were you looking to spend? Hp numbers? Drivability? There's alot of questions you need to answer before you can pick one. As far as reliability goes, i believe they are all on the same level.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its my dd. $2-2500 price range is what i would rather be at and still get at least 100 more hp for that kinda money.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Finchms said:
Its my dd. $2-2500 price range is what i would rather be at and still get at least 100 more hp for that kinda money.
Unless you find a used kit, your best bet would probably be what I got (Votech V-3 SCI). With your mods you should be atleast 325-350 at the wheels I would assume. I haven't installed mine yet, planning on Doing it next week on my vacation. I recommend you Check out the websites for each manufacturer then see what the best price you can find online. Make your decision from there. But im pretty sure the next cheapest to the Vortech is around 3500.00 (procharger I belive). Don't qoute me on it though. Lol

P.S. I literally debated this same question like a month ago lol

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Paxton novi 2000 :).
^^^ What he said. ;) :D

Why?

1. Because Paxton has been building superchargers for Mustangs since the 60's.
2. Because I found mine for sale online, new in the box for 1/2 price. ($2150) :D
3. Because I just like the sound of saying, "I'm packing a Paxton". :lol:

Seriously, the Vortech would probably be the cheapest route for you to go.
The Pro Charger is a really nice SC, but they are expensive. :eek:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the paxton a somewhat simple install? What kinda power n boost could i expect from the paxton?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
^^^ What he said. ;) :D

Why?

1. Because Paxton has been building superchargers for Mustangs since the 60's.
2. Because I found mine for sale online, new in the box for 1/2 price. ($2150) :D
3. Because I just like the sound of saying, "I'm packing a Paxton". :lol:

Seriously, the Vortech would probably be the cheapest route for you to go.
The Pro Charger is a really nice SC, but they are expensive. :eek:
All good points. Wish I found a Paxton for that price :(

Anyways install these days are pretty straight forward, and can be done in a day. The only thing that I say can be different is some kits require you to relocate the battery, and i believe you have to buy an extra kit to do that. Some don't require you to move it. May or may bot be a big deal. As for power numbers, depends on the boost level.

·
Forum Car Trader
1,150 Posts
The Paxton kit allows you to keep the stock battery location.. The hardest part of the install is tapping a return oil bung hole in the oil pan.. Lol I said bung hole!!

I have seen guys run a return line to the valve cover but I think the oil pan is the way to go..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
90GTNovi2000 said:
The Paxton kit allows you to keep the stock battery location.. The hardest part of the install is tapping a return oil bung hole in the oil pan.. Lol I said bung hole!!

I have seen guys run a return line to the valve cover but I think the oil pan is the way to go..
Yeah i wanna do it the right way! What kinda boost u running and the power u make?

·
Forum Car Trader
1,150 Posts
Stockish yeah.. Stock 302 roller, Scat crank stock stroke underground .0010, h beam rods, TRW .030 pistons, main and valley girdles, all ARP hardware, clevite 77 bearings, total seal rings.
For a cam I have the fms b303 not the biggest but it works great.

Cylinder heads: AFR 165's they flow amazing and are flow matched and port matched to my intake Gt 40 upper and lower.. 42lb injectors etc..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I should be safe then with the bottom end fresh and being that stock had forged internals anyway?

·
Forum Car Trader
1,150 Posts
Your stock crank isn't forged.. But with a girdle kit and the correct compression ratio and tune you will be fine. That stock crank will outlast the stock block..

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Remember girdle kit is a must for boost. Pull the motor back out.. You may want some better sealing rings. Depends on which you have.. Also a ARP head stud kit will help keep them heads on :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Vortech x trim! All the brands you named make great superchargers, so it really just comes down to your budget. Im biased because I've never had a single problem with any vortech product and their customer service is unbelievable. The only way I'd ever run anything else is if I decided to switch to a turbo setup.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

90GTNovi2000 said:
Your stock crank isn't forged.. But with a girdle kit and the correct compression ratio and tune you will be fine. That stock crank will outlast the stock block..

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Remember girdle kit is a must for boost. Pull the motor back out.. You may want some better sealing rings. Depends on which you have.. Also a ARP head stud kit will help keep them heads on :)
follow this advice and get the girdle as well. I didn't do it with mine but I've been lucky so far. Looking back I should have thrown one on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts