Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 67 (my 2nd 67) this summer with 289, been fixing different issues and just noticed that they had the passenger side with the larger breather looking cap with hose to sure cleaner. They had the drivers side setup with a PCV valve to the base of carb. Won't this create a vacuum on both sides? I'm thinking of putting breather only on drives side and plugging carb hose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
Got a 67 (my 2nd 67) this summer with 289, been fixing different issues and just noticed that they had the passenger side with the larger breather looking cap with hose to sure cleaner. They had the drivers side setup with a PCV valve to the base of carb. Won't this create a vacuum on both sides? I'm thinking of putting breather only on drives side and plugging carb hose.
I'd leave it alone. The current setup you describe is the correct setup and best setup to make the engine breathe properly.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yup sounds like the correct setup to me too. The one on the left side is going into the breather is pulling fresh filtered air into the crankcase the one on the right side going to the base of the carb is hooked to vacuum and is pulling air out of the crankcase.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup sounds like the correct setup to me too. The one on the left side is going into the breather is pulling fresh filtered air into the crankcase the one on the right side going to the base of the carb is hooked to vacuum and is pulling air out of the crankcase.
So you're not getting a vacuum on the air cleaner side? The carb is sucking in air. Why not just a breather cap then?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
So you're not getting a vacuum on the air cleaner side? The carb is sucking in air. Why not just a breather cap then?
Correct. Where the hose connects from the air cleaner to the breather your not getting strong vacuum. Your right you can just leave the breather cap or one that has a mini filter on it as well.

·
Registered
283 Posts
yes you can just put a mini breather filter there instead of having that black hose running from your valve cover to your breather a lot of people do that to make the engine look better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.