Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me some help on were the pcv valve is on a 1988 mustang lx 5.0. I've probably starred at it without knowing. And the funny thing is I know exactly what it looks like.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Id imagine the 88 is very similar to my 89 except for the speed density thing...if its like mine it is behind the intake plenum..actually it is in a weird spot so you probably haven't looked at yet!..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yea Doubt you have seen it unless the motor was out lol. It's in a very tight spot at the back of your motor on the lower plenum well least on sn95s your should be in the same spot not 100% though. If your arms and hands are big as mine you might need to unbolt the upper plenum to reach it. Least that's what's easy for me. Good luck on it hope that helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the help guys found it and replaced it. Unfortunately main seal went , I think because of it being locked up.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Jpstang said:
Thx for the help guys found it and replaced it. Unfortunately main seal went , I think because of it being locked up.
Rear mains are pesky...but if you plan on fixing it ive been there so ill give you any advice I can help with!..
And I know people on this site will too!!....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts