Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a performance chip for my 98 v6, anybody got any tips or suggestions...?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I to have a 98 v6 with flowmaster single exhuast and cai ..I am also getting a tuner myself but handheld programer when I get income tax I suggest it but it doesn't pull that much more power, mostly shift points

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
A handheld should be your only consideration. Because of the cost and the importance of having one, it's the very best mod you will do to your Mustang. If you put a couple of bolt-ons onto the engine and get a dyno tune w/handheld, not only will the tune files be the very best because its made using realtime data from your specific car, your also getting it a hell of alot cheaper ($100.00), and you get the advantage of using the hand held to check codes, make changes, and be able to utilize up to 3 different types of tunes plus stock if needed. The hand held is usually $379.00 + tax and the dyno & programming of the tunes all comes out to about $500.00. Most shops give you a 93 octane performance "race" tune, an 87 octane performance tune, and a third of your choice. Most importantly, you get tunes that maximize performance for your car uniquely, not generically, not conservatively, or guessing-

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

I to have a 98 v6 with flowmaster single exhuast and cai ..I am also getting a tuner myself but handheld programer when I get income tax I suggest it but it doesn't pull that much more power, mostly shift points
I have a '97 single port and I got 23 horsepower with the X Cal dyno tuned. It is an awesome drive home after getting it tuned! The car reacts fantastic. My 93 octane is just great but honestly, I use the 87 octane file more because of gas budget but love the way it runs just as much as the 93 octane file. Not as quick accelerating but fun none the less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts