Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i get my upcoming tax returns I'm doing an engine swap on my 95 v6 mustang. Yes it will be swapped for the 5.0 no worries. But I'm looking for performance parts for the time being that will benefit my v6 and that will fit and benefit the v8 when I get it swapped in there.
I was thinking throttle body or ford racing 3.55 rear gear that fits mustangs with a 8.8 rearend. Is my stang a 8.8 rearend and also what does the 3.55 rear gear do if I can get one new for a 100 bucks is it worth it

thank you

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't bother with the V6. Be patient. Save the dough for your V8 swap.

You're going to need a K-member for the V8 engine, so if you were going to spend the money anyway you may as well buy a tubular K-member and tubular A-arms to save weight on the front end. Your current transmission will not mate to the 302. Get the transmission with bellhousing of your choice to bolt to the 302. Your current rear axle assembly is the weaksauce 7.5. It will not survive long. You'll need to swap in an 8.8 when you do the V8 transplant. Go to the site below and you'll find a wealth of info there specific to just the Mustang. There's a bunch of little things that need changing, too. What I mentioned are some of the major components.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts