Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always see the Performance modules that say they alter certian settings in ur cpu to add more fuel to the engine, companies like venom ( i do like certian aspecs of venom), or jet v-chip, Do these things even work or is it a waste of time, and if they do what is the difference between cheaper e-bay Performance module?

·
Registered
676 Posts
if your gonna get a chip DO NOT buy jet, if you decide to get blown you're SOL. If i were you I'd buy a diablosport predator tuner go to www.joeblowracing.com they're having one helluva sale right now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Some performance chips are a waste of your time. SCT has full control of the EEC, and the most parameters. Venom doesnt even reprogram the computer. Jet has barely any control, and you cant reprogram the chip so your stuck with what you get. SCT is therefore the best choice.

The eBay performance module you are refering to is most likely the IAT resistor, and it is a complete waste of time. It does nothing for your car.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :good:

·
Registered
676 Posts
SCT is the best chip on the market, but predator lets you adjust things as you go without having to send the chip back for a reburn.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Murph00 said:
will the predator work with a v6??
i think it will work, I no idea for sure though, but if I were you, I wouldn't even waste my time or money on anything else other than SCT. It's by far the best and only product worth the money you pay for it. I guess I should ask why do you want a chip? If it's only for more hp and that's all, then you're actually wasting your money, even if it's on a SCT chip. When you decide that you're done with your engine mods or after you install a SC or better heads or something major should you get a chip burnt.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just thought about a chip, nothing set in stone i just always wondered, the only thing ive done performance wise to my stang is dual exhaust, im still working on the 3.73's or 4.10's cant make up my mind yet

·
Registered
54 Posts
timpryor said:
SCT is the best chip on the market, but predator lets you adjust things as you go without having to send the chip back for a reburn.
That is true when it comes to the chip. But, you could always go with an X-Calibrator Flasher and also get the PC to Flasher Cable along with the software which will allow you to make small changes to the program that was tuned for you.

·
Registered
676 Posts
JasonVMP said:
That is true when it comes to the chip. But, you could always go with an X-Calibrator Flasher and also get the PC to Flasher Cable along with the software which will allow you to make small changes to the program that was tuned for you.
oops i forgot about that

BTW murph you WILL need a chip when you get gears so i'd wait till you get gears to buy it

·
Registered
214 Posts
timpryor said:
as long as you buy the one FOR the v6 it will

Can I get one for the 95?

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
timpryor said:
oops i forgot about that

BTW murph you WILL need a chip when you get gears so i'd wait till you get gears to buy it
out of curiosity, just how much experience do you have with chips?

what kind of chip do you have?

·
Registered
676 Posts
chips said:
out of curiosity, just how much experience do you have with chips?

what kind of chip do you have?
none personally however i do read the articles on this site since i am guaging on buying one as soon as i can save up money.

·
Registered
65 Posts
timpryor said:
that's the key word here.

i'm not trying to be a dick, but you can't give advice on something like this when you have no experience and no knowlege except for the artical you read.

it would be a different story if you were giving advice on flowmaster exaust or CAI's since you do have experience with that stuff, but unless you really know what you're talking about, it's best not to give advice.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
chips said:

i'm not trying to be a dick, but you can't give advice on something like this when you have no experience and no knowlege except for the artical you read.

it would be a different story if you were giving advice on flowmaster exaust or CAI's since you do have experience with that stuff, but unless you really know what you're talking about, it's best not to give advice.
dude chill, tim is just spreading the little knowledge he has about chips. he is just telling him very basic stuff, its not like he is advising him on what to get.

·
Registered
676 Posts
chips said:

tim i agree somewhat, i've gotten better about giving advice on things that i have NO idea about. However i was simply restating things that i have read that is all i was doing. And no i'm not getting mad or anything i'm just letting you know what my intentions were.

·
Registered
214 Posts
JasonVMP said:
If you have a V6 then there is chip and flasher support. If its a GT there is only chip support.
I got a V6, so I can get a programmer for mine? :confused:

I want a programmer if I can get one

1 - 20 of 31 Posts