Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, we have an import/domestic T&T every other wed night at a track about 1.5 hours south of me. I've gone a few times and my numbers were all over the place (this is my first year racing)

So this last time I made sure to empty out the car and drop tire pressure (20 psi). I was finally able to get some more consistant 60' times and this helped me stay in 9.3s most of the night. I did finally crack 9.2s with a 9.29 at 77.4 mph. (this is all on street tires mind you) The track prep is also not ideal but not bad. I'm sure drag radials would net me 9.1 something. Right now I'm running 2.25 60' times.

So I'm happy, had a good night, stuck with an 03 cobra for a little while (ok, he was babying it I know lol) Gonna get the X pipe and gears in the next month or so and I'll have to get new times...

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
you gotta work on that 60' time man... im pullin 2.2's with my car. You should be way better than that. DR's will defanitely help you in that department though :thumbs2:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The traction there isn't the greatest yet. even my best launch at this track was 2.24 and that was a really good one with way too much tire pressure! I want to go to a test and tune up at cedar falls one of these days. They call that track the "house of hook" for a reason I guess :D

eddyville tends to even out the slower cars cuz they don't need as much traction to launch.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
thats about where you should be stock, and a little better with a 2.1 60ft not to far from the 8's and 13.9s in the quarter.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
well my friends stock SRT-4 NOT A NEON in ANYWAY AT ALL runs 8.3s in the 8th not even double clutching totaly stock.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
my friend's friend's friend has a dog, and the dude that used to own this dog, also used to be married to the second friend's mother, but they got divorced. He used to have this car that he said could go real fast. But anyways, what I'm trying to say is :bs:

·
Registered
106 Posts
slow!!!!! hahaha, just kidding man

·
Registered
13 Posts
i got beat by a Mazda the other day,,,,,,

i was only able to turn a 13.6qt mile, and he ran a 12.93.....

but then again it'a hard to get 422 ponies to the ground, with a cage, and stock suspension..... hahaha

cuttin 60ft's in 2.6seconds at a time.... :eek: :eek:

give me another two mths. with the proper k-arms set up, and rear drag struts, and you better hold on to your jock strap!!!! here i come 11'2 or low 12's here in the tx, heat i guess!!!! hahaha

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
daniel said:
i was only able to turn a 13.6qt mile, and he ran a 12.93.....

but then again it'a hard to get 422 ponies to the ground, with a cage, and stock suspension..... hahaha

cuttin 60ft's in 2.6seconds at a time.... :eek: :eek:

give me another two mths. with the proper k-arms set up, and rear drag struts, and you better hold on to your jock strap!!!! here i come 11'2 or low 12's here in the tx, heat i guess!!!! hahaha
what model stang do you have?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
only performance mods for me so far is a magnaflow cat back and tri ax shifter

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tire said:
uh... come on now, v6 + exhaust = high 9's best case scenario. whatcha got? :D