1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I got mine from Flex. he's cool. :headbang:

·
Banned
16 Posts
From what I understand, Flex got majorly overloaded with orders and had to stop taking new orders for a while.... but you would think he would still have SOME time to get on and update everyone....

Regardless, most of the spacers out there are about the same, or you can make em yourself if you know what you're doing... the only major difference between most of the spacers out there and flex's spacers is the material he uses... much better stuff.

P.S. If you make em yourself, be ABSOLUTELY sure to take every neccessary safety precaution... that G-10 stuff or whatever it is can cause some serious health issues if you inhale it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The stuff Flex used was pretty damn expensive. That is the only draw back to DIY'ers.
Flex bought it in bulk and still was pretty costly.

We dynoed his spacers and got a nice gain, and we haven't heard from him in a while either. He is a great guy. I hope he posts here soon.

·
Banned
16 Posts
ASSEMbler said:
What's this G-10 you speak of...
To my knowledge, is a plastic-alloy the prevents heat transfer incredibly well... it's what is used to make flex's spacers, as well as any other set of respectable spacers out there.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I just got a sheet of it on ebay. I will be able to make one intake from it, possibly 2. (the 2nd one is spoken for btw)

Do an ebay search for "phenolic" and search through it for a sheet that's around 1/2" thick and large enough to make the spacer.

And make sure it's G-10!

·
Banned
16 Posts
And again... PLEASE be careful when cutting that stuff!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I surely will, I'm thinking about getting a nice mask to do it cuz I'll be doing a bunch of porting eventually.

I did some porting on my throttle body and inhaled a little aluminum and have been coughing for the last 3 weeks!

Lesson learned,,,, be CAREFUL!

184 Posts
u should inject some flakes with oil into ur veins. BOY WOULD U HAVE A TUMMY ACHE THEN AHHAHAHAH!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :headbang: :headbang: :twisted: :oops: :twisted: :headbang:

:-? :-? :-?

·
Registered
529 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts