Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all do with your phones in the car? I just bought a 2007 v6 and in my 94 v6 I had a vent clip to hold my cell phone... These vents are a lot thicker and the clips won't hold, so for now I've been putting the phone in the cup holder, but I want to mount it somewhere so I can use my iphone as a gps. (that new google maps app is tits...)

I still have the old phone clip, and I took the vent clips off the back and have been thinking about getting some 3m tape and taping it between the two vents above the radio, but I'm not totally convinced it will stay...

Pics would be appreciated...

Thanks...

·
Registered
80 Posts
GO TO Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts�-�ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices i got this for my motorola razr maxx. :D

What do you all do with your phones in the car? I just bought a 2007 v6 and in my 94 v6 I had a vent clip to hold my cell phone... These vents are a lot thicker and the clips won't hold, so for now I've been putting the phone in the cup holder, but I want to mount it somewhere so I can use my iphone as a gps. (that new google maps app is tits...)

I still have the old phone clip, and I took the vent clips off the back and have been thinking about getting some 3m tape and taping it between the two vents above the radio, but I'm not totally convinced it will stay...

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Thanks...
Make your own...

See one of my earlier posts for all the pics and details... Cheap and really not that hard...
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t316357/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Slight hijack... How do you like dash command? I've been kicking around getting one of the monitoring systems that show relative gauge readings and whatnot....
I love it...

But I have have an old DEDICATED iPhone 4 (older iphones were just too slow) and use the go link Bluetooth OBDII connector rather than a wifi one. That eliminates many of the complaints people have with it.

It does drain the battery so you have to remember to always "sleep" the phone when not in the car driving... Or keep it plugged in to the cigarette charger.

And pricey (both the app and BT connector).

And about half the time when unlocking your phone (if you had the app running), it would no longer be running (crashed).

But beyond that, very fast refresh on the gauges with the iPhone 4. You can download other user created layouts, but few work well or just don't have the cluster of gauges I want on the same screen. You need desktop software to make new layouts.

Lots of data logging options, skid pad, inclinometer, road course section (lap stats and position), and if course the 5+ gauge layouts.

Some gauge sections have hidden alternate gauges, while some gauges themselves if toggled by tapping reveal a secondary gauge. Instructions didn't help... Just have to mess with it to learn about them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts