Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put new tires on my mustang. At the moment I have 255/40/19. I was just wondering if anyone have 245/35 on their 19s? I dont know if I should go smaller or get the original size again since i am planning to drop the car around 1.5 inches. any photos of mustangs with 35/r19 tires or input/advice is greatly appreciated !

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I am looking to put new tires on my mustang. At the moment I have 255/40/19. I was just wondering if anyone have 245/35 on their 19s? I dont know if I should go smaller or get the original size again since i am planning to drop the car around 1.5 inches. any photos of mustangs with 35/r19 tires or input/advice is greatly appreciated !
Are you concerned that the 255/40/19's may rub if you lower it the 1.5"? I don't think so. Generally people are looking at potential for rubbing with much wider tires than 255/40's (27" dia.)

Reducing the diameter of the tires by 1.25 as you've indicated would of course impact other things, like your speedometer, etc.

There should be a lot of people that can confirm clearing the stock tires with 1.5" drop.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
That's nuts. The car is undertired as it is with 255s. Tons of people clear 1.5 drops with 275s on the back and front on this car. do 275/40, that's the standard upgrade. A tetch taller but, better looking than the too short and too low profile 275/35.

·
Registered
582 Posts
You should not need to go with a smaller than stock tire to fit lowering springs. Plenty of people lowering their cars with much larger tires.
As long as you are on stock wheels that came with 255s, the 255s should fit. The only time you'd run into issues is with an aftermarket wheel with funky offsets or squeezing 255s onto a smaller wheel with the wrong offset for a larger tire.
I fit 285/35/19s in front on mine (granted with aftermarket wheels) on a 1.5" drop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the input fellas ! I am thinking of going with the original tire again, but im also gonna look into the 275/40. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts