Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to buy these for my pi swap:
Ebay item # 261196781541

Are these the heads with the 11 bolt valve covers? If not, will they still work in my application?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Gimme a few ill let u know imma copy and paste it now to have a look but i got Windsor heads so 13/14 bolts mine ill let u know soon

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
11 bolt or 13/14 bolts will work on any pi swap application, im sorry i couldnt answer earlier im a tech at pepboys and sometimes i get caught up in the job, but i saw they sold, and by counting the bolts on the sides i would have said looked like the 11 bolt pattern of the romeos, but either or head would have worked on your application.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok good. I just bought them off ebay along with the head swap kit from AM. Is there anything else (specifically) that I need? I have everything for the manifold as well (water pump nipple, alt bracket, etc.)

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
your goin to need the crossover pipe that runs under the intake manifold for the heater, if the heads are romeo heads the timing cover may differ from the windsor i cant remember so i would suggest running the timing cover applicable to the heads. its a suggestion and may not make a difference but its something i will have to research or you can research as well. thats it for now off the top of my head.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The aluminum crossover on the manifold? Or something else?

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 PM ----------

Oh nvm I read that wrong. Do you know a part number for that?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think I've got that hose.

What's the easiest way to tell if I have Windsor or Romeo heads?
You need to count the number of bolts that hold the valve cover to the head. 11 bolts = Romeo 13/14 bolts = Windsor. Ford also revised the Romeo heads for the 2004 model year and added additional threads for the spark plug holes. If you are going forced induction and plan on making more than 12 pounds of boost i would highly recommend the 8 thread count 04 Romeo heads. These heads are not prone for the plugs blowing out I them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have 99 heads off an expedition and they're 11 bolt. Everyone keeps telling me they're Windsor.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 14 of 14 Posts