Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone direct me to some links explaining about the whole swap and somewhere that has a list of whats needed for the swap to be done. That would be very much appriated. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
251 Posts
What do you need to know? Its a nice swap. Dont know your mechanical level so cant tell if you will have problems. I know of several people who have done it but dont know of any writeups sorry.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I found a write up http://www.niagara.com/~gcoit/headswaparticle.htm
Is that a good write up? Also what would you rate the difficulty level on this swap?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I haven't done the swap, but its not exactly going to be a piece of cake, you are going to have to do a lot of torque wrench work and make sure that you get everything to spec. I would recommend if you haven't gotten all the info you need already, check on www.modularfords.com for more info. Also if you don't have one already, get yourself a good Haynes or Chilton Manual for the year of heads and intake you are putting on there.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I seen its not a piece of cake. But in hopes between 2 people it shouldnt be to bad. Im already a member at Modularfords. I asked my Qs there got my responses in a sense. Well I got my parts list and timing/cam article from there.

Yeah I still need to buy a Haynes/Chilton manual. How much do those go for and would I be able to pick one up at lets say Borders?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
AutoZone I think carrys the Haynes Manual, you might have to ask for it, but they should have it in stock, not too bad, under $20. I think.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats straight. Ill pick one up soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts