Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been searching the forum for a couple of answers I need but got tired of reading lol. I have a 98 GT with cai and full exhaust. Thinking about do the PI swap with my tax return. Heard good things about it and sounds like the best mod for power gains money wise. Just wanting to get a list of everything ill need and maybe if someone has a link to a writeup about it. Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
A guy down the road from me has an 01 4.6 out of a gt lower end is seized though. Idk if bending the valves is possible on them either.
Anyways, he's wanting $50 for the whole thing, throttle body to oil pan. So I am thinking about doing that swap too on my 97

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My 96 has pi heads i think it deff improved it with everything else i got. It does bump ip compressiin to 10.52:1 if i remember but deff an improvement from our non pi heads. Many will say trick flow heads are better and that is true too....though some wallets aint deep like others lol

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
+1 go to a junk yard. That's prolly bout the cheapest place.
+1 deff alot cheaper than buyin them new cause its probably only heads ur gonna buy from lmr and u also need the intake manifold for the pi swap. best bet is either junkyard or someone on craigslist selllin them also helps. as to installing them shouldnt be hard at all, go by the link that he posted on this thread and you will be fine.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kinds of gains could be seen by converting to a DOHC top end setup similar to 97/98 cobras?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Much better than a 2v...id say atleast 300hp bph

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^what he asked. If I could get 350hp out of pi swap that'd be great. What are your other mods?

·
Registered
26 Posts
*subscribed* good luck im planning on doin the swap myself i already have the pi heads n cam of an 02 gt just need to save to get the pi manifold and gaskets n stuff..

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I found used heads and cams for $250, and an intake manifold for $100. Should I jump on this?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Absolutely. As long as they are in good shape. I'd have the heads milled down just enough to clean up the surface; as small as a machine shop recommends. You'll want a 93 octane tune as well, because the compression is gonna be higher (duh).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts