Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone, as I was messing around under the hood I found the dreaded crossover pipe coolant leak. No biggie will take maybe two hours to do an intake swap. Here is where it gets interesting. I want to use a dorman intake for now, I will be putting a good intake on when I do cams. The part number from dorman said it only works with non heated PVC valves. However it is supposed to be direct replacement for the ford number on my car. I have a heated PVC valve. Is there any difference in the intake due to heated or non heated PVC valve?

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

DAMM you auto correct. Pcv valve. Sorry all hope ya had a good laugh.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Not of which I am aware, curious as to what they would say that?

That said, I would not use the Dorman PI intake under any circumstances--temporary or otherwise. It is a non-PI lower section and runner configuration with PI manifold flanges, sort of a Franken-manifold they created by mating the lower section mold from the non-PI unit with a new "sort of" PI upper section.

When the manifold on my '03 failed I bought a Dorman and brought it back within 30 minutes. It is also a one-size-fits-all replacement for the various 4.6L 2V configurations and will not allow use of the stock generator bracket, you must use the ugly universal fit thing it comes with.

Get the FRPP manifold, you will not regret it...

·
Registered
490 Posts
cliffyk said:
Not of which I am aware, curious as to what they would say that?

That said, I would not use the Dorman PI intake under any circumstances--temporary or otherwise. It is a non-PI lower section and runner configuration with PI manifold flanges, sort of a Franken-manifold they created by mating the lower section mold from the non-PI unit with a new "sort of" PI upper section.

When the manifold on my '03 failed I bought a Dorman and brought it back within 30 minutes. It is also a one-size-fits-all replacement for the various 4.6L 2V configurations and will not allow use of the stock generator bracket, you must use the ugly universal fit thing it comes with.

Get the FRPP manifold, you will not regret it...
+1 don't waste your money on the dorman

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I found a stash of stock intakes. I prolly should just buy a real intake, but unfortunately I need ya wait. Thanks for the advice. I will let ya know what happens in a couple of days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts