Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying some Pi heads from a friend with upgraded valve springs and no cams but I was going to use my stock cams. Will this work And is there anything else I need besides heads & the intake?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
ive heard cams are a big part of it, and if you are going through the swap why not do cams as well? dont do the work later on do it while you are putting it all in.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of that but i don't have $500 for cams. Will I need that special alt. Bracket needed for those years

·
Registered
20 Posts
Make sure the intake is pi as well. If that's all you wanna do, then u good. U can later get stage two cans and port the pi heads. If u add long tubes u'll be around 350-400 HP

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

And please research if your non pi exhaust manifold will fit tho. That part I'm not sure

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
If you can then wait before you do the install and do the cams at the same time... It'll save you some time and money in the long run...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the Pi swap is done. Thanks for all of your guys's help. But for some reason, when I started it, it made this like clacking noise. could this just be the tentioners still needing to take slack out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts