Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ik this may of been asked before but what is needed for the pi swap I have a 96 gt if u can forward me a good list or something that would be cool thanks guys sry been gone a while

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
On eBay they have kits already made up. Water nipple, alt bracket, water hose for n the valley, gaskets, o rings for injectors.

·
Registered
634 Posts
On eBay they have kits already made up. Water nipple, alt bracket, water hose for n the valley, gaskets, o rings for injectors.
+1 but not just eBay. Quite a few mustang outlets are realizing this is a huge common swap for the 96'ers.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sweet thanks guys and does it really add around 30hp?
Known to add approx 40 flywheel hp. It's the only difference between 96-98 to 99-04 beside comp ratio

·
Registered
686 Posts
I dont want to jack this thread so only one question. When i get pi heads and intake, as well as gaskets an all, i can just put them in, and call it good? Do i Need to tune it? I dont want to spend alot of money, and i just need to change the headgaskets, but im inclined to do a pi swap while in there...

·
Registered
634 Posts
I dont want to jack this thread so only one question. When i get pi heads and intake, as well as gaskets an all, i can just put them in, and call it good? Do i Need to tune it? I dont want to spend alot of money, and i just need to change the headgaskets, but im inclined to do a pi swap while in there...
You shouldn't need to unless your doing a more major mod while doing it. I would always recommend a tune anyways. It will maximize your performance gain. A pi swap is a lot more than a change if a gasket while your there. Like said before they sell pre made up kits to help you a long the way of doing your pi swap.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
There's 45hp difference between npi and pi. Plus the compression bump, your looking at 50-55hp. You'd be around 270 to flywheel, not including other mods.

Bama wont tune for pi swap, just intake swap. So you'll have to get custom tune. I don't think u need a tune but they always help.

·
Registered
634 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Npi-215hp
Pi-260hp

You'll also have to run 93 gas.
Im thinking about doing a PI swap for my 98gt as well. Is it possible to run 91 octane with the swap? They don't sell 93 in my area..

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Im thinking about doing a PI swap for my 98gt as well. Is it possible to run 91 octane with the swap? They don't sell 93 in my area..
I don't know on that. I can only get 92. You could just do came and intake.

Intake swap is good for 15whp. Bama will tune for that. So both together would make a nice difference.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't know on that. I can only get 92. You could just do came and intake.

Intake swap is good for 15whp. Bama will tune for that. So both together would make a nice difference.
Im gonna look more into this, what is the price range on the pi intake?

·
Registered
79 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts