Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, picking up a 2003 V6 Auto on Saturday morning, going to install a CAI and NX kit.

Also going to run M/T slicks off my old car and copper plugs 2 steps colder, no other mods.

What do you think it will do on Sunday at the races? Will it hit a 13 or will I get towed home?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Playing that by ear, going to ease up to 100 and then decide if I am going higher.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wouldn't advise you to go over 100. You said it's a 2003, is it brand new car? (as in.. is the engine run in already, or not). If it has less than 3,000 miles on the ODO I would't say racing it at all would be a good idea.

A for times..... I think it's safe to say you'll hit mid/high 13s

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not brand new so engine is broken in. I have a dual stage system so just going to try different combo's in each nozzle till I come up with the best times.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I would doubt 13's. I would guess 14.9 with a 75shot or so..

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
be sure to post pics. i really don't think anyone would be that stupid but ok. if i had that kind of money i'd buy a gt but whatever. have fun and get some pics up. i'll be interested to see how you do

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lowflyn said:
be sure to post pics. i really don't think anyone would be that stupid but ok. if i had that kind of money i'd buy a gt but whatever. have fun and get some pics up. i'll be interested to see how you do
I'll do better than that I will post the video.

Could have a GT but can't race Sport Compact with it and thats the series I am into.

Two years ago I bought a Maxima to race and everyone said "oh you can't do over a 75 or 100 shot, you can't do this you can't do that, you are stupid if you try this etc. The fastest nitrous Maxima at that time was just over 14 seconds.

Guess what, this year I ran a 12.1 at 110 with a 1.7 60' and got a 6 page spread in the Oct issue of Modified Mag. That was with a 150 shot and the engine is still purring. I ran a 12.4 with a 100 shot and a 13.1 with a 35 shot. Guys on Maxima.org are still running over 14's with a 75 shot and still wondering why. I don't do magic but I do try all sorts of homegrown suspension engine and trans mods unti I find the best combo.

This was on a $4k car with less than $2k of mods.

So, guess what, I listen but I still do and try the things I think will make it faster, quicker and try and do it without blowing it up.

·
Registered
941 Posts
99vert said:
I would doubt 13's. I would guess 14.9 with a 75shot or so..
no way... there is a possibility of low 14's still, but near stock several people have broken into the 14's. and yes i can back that statement with evidence.

you'll be at ~13.5-13.7 IMO.

don't cut 60's less than 1.8 unless you want to break the rear end!

Good luck mi amigo. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok I didn't get the video my photographer didn't come on sunday but I do have timeslips.

Here is what it did:

N/A with the intake and slicks 16.7 @ 83 mph
35 shot of NX 15.196 no MPH the speed wasn't working in the left lane
100 shot of NX 13.9 @ 95 MPH

They wouldn't let me run in sport compact either it was Test & Tune, they changed the rules and the max displacement is 3.7 Litres now.

Lousy 60' times the best I could manage was a 2.2. All in all the tractions sucks as does the performance.

I would not recommend anyone buy this car. It handles like a tank, has mucho engine noise and performs like a slug.

It is a nice looking car but that said the rest is downhill. It is way too heavy for its size and has no room.

I am going back to my Maxima. At least it runs low 12's and does a 1.7 60'.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Um...you do realize that this is a site for v6 stangs right. That probably means that the majority of people here have v6 stangs therefore we already have this car. Also, you are expecting a non-broken in car to run fast times with just slicks and power juice. Before you start dissing on the v6 stang you should realize what you are expecting a stock car to do. I'm sure you did more than put your maxima on the bottle to run low 12's so give the stang the same chance. :no:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its well broken in I wouldn't spray on a new engine. Just don't think it has the potential to do what I want without spending a whole whack of money. That plus the fact that its only saving redemption in my opinion is that it looks nice. Handling, quality, noise etc is just not up the standard I am used to with an import.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
:wtf: i think this guy is one big bs er and is trying to stir up some crap. go back to your accord board. give me your stang. :-o

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
whoops i meant maxima boards. and another thought. you cant just add nos and expect to lose 3 seconds off your et. this isnt fast and furious. you might get a 13.5 sec 1/4 if you hade 4.1 gears, trac-loc, intake, cams, ported heads, ported upper and lowers and nitrous, and good suspension to clear up that 60ft time. it seems you have lots of money, so go do all that and come back and then youll see how fast these 6'ers can be.

oh and btw that sucks that they changed it to 3.7 thats like teasing you .1 liters away from owning imports the real way... on the track.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts