Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this beauty with 24k miles. Made 405 rwhp according to the dyno sheet @ 6 PSI. Having the pulley swapped out for 8 PSI and getting a new tune. :dance:

I'm pumped. :popcorn:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I've always been a little nervous about doing that. It was professionally installed at a local well-known shop though. I looked into some of the cylinders, pistons and walls look pristine and it runs great. Kinda fell in love with the car when I saw it so I went for it, hope it doesn't come back to bite me! Interior and exterior are mint.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

VERY nice car. Pics of the motor please ?
Thank you!! I'm at work but I'll post when I get home!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What color is it? The more I look at it the more I am unsure
Can't remember the actual Ford color name, but it's jet black. I used my phone camera, which is kinda garbage as far as color goes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Already stomped a buddy's '98 Cobra. We both knew it would but wanted to know by how much. It was a lot... :eek:

Hope to run into a stock or bolt-on Coyote at the track some time to see how it compares. Pretty sure it'll take a stock one, based on a 2013 GT/CS I test drove a while ago.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It should take a stock one no problem. Not sure what the weight difference is but you have the power advantage
I think the weight difference is something like a 300 pound advantage for me? Maybe a little more. I do have more peak power, should be about 470 at the crank right now at 6 PSI vs ~430 on the 5.0.

Where the Coyote motor wins is all around powerband. Since I've got a centri blower it's kinda peaky. Doesn't make a ton of power until 3k RPM or so, another reason I am going to go for a smaller pulley real soon. With 8 PSI I should be pulling on bolt-on + tuned 5.0s with any luck. :D

I'll be happy with that, it's just a daily driver. Don't want to push it harder because stock internals and trans.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
6,862 Posts
The Machs are excellent cars. That one looks to have been well taken care of. What's your trans?

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Machs are excellent cars. That one looks to have been well taken care of. What's your trans?

Pick your poison.
It seems to have been pretty well cared for, always garaged. Got it from the 42 year old owner who bought it new. Also has a nice Kenwood touchscreen double-din head unit and some professionally installed subs. Nothing extreme, but good quality. I don't really care about car audio like I did when I was 18, but it's nice to have.

It's a TR-3650 5-speed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks sweet. I have never seen that setup with the shaker. Pretty cool
Some people even run roots/twin screw blowers with the shaker still on top. Must be a tight fit! Of course it's completely for looks with a S/C installed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A few more pics, some next to the old '99 GT which is gone now. I know the Mach is nicer, but I'll still miss it!

- Album on Imgur

·
Premium Member
6,862 Posts
I understand the feeling. I miss my 01 Bonneville. I love the Roush but I wish I kept the Bonneville.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bonneville is actually a nice car, I wouldn't mind one of those for a daily!

·
Premium Member
6,862 Posts
It's was the SSEI, fancy way of saying supercharged 3.8L. It was a nice car, black with tan leather. And man the supercharger would talk to you like no other. But it's gone and the Roush is here. Previous cars will do that to you. To me it's kinda like your selling the memories made in them. And maybe a little harsh, you're betraying the memories. Main reason why my chevy isn't going anywhere. Had some of the happiest memories of my life in that car.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, the SSEi is nice. I've seen some sweet looking ones. Cool car for a sedan. I guess the same engine as the GTP?

And yeah that's not harsh at all, feel exactly the same way. Especially after you've modded a car and made it your own. Man my heart sunk as I watched the GT drive off with the new owner behind the wheel. Was slightly depressed for a few days.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts